Sports

Saudi Arabian Sports Minister welcomes a move for free agent Cristiano Ronaldo

Saudi Arabia’s sports minister said he would “love” seeing Cristiano Ronaldo play in the country’s domestic soccer league.

The 37-year-old forward said last week he had been offered a two-year contract worth a staggering €350m (£305m) from an unnamed club – which he turned down.

After leaving Manchester United by mutual consent this week, the striker is once again available for signing, and when asked about signing Ronaldo, Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki Al-Faisal claimed ‘anything is possible’.

Read:Alfa Romeo confirm Zhou Guanyu to stay on for 2023

Prince Abdulaziz, of Saudi Arabia, said he would “love” seeing Cristiano Ronaldo play in the league

The Portuguese striker has been subject to transfer interest from Saudi Arabia for a few years

The Portuguese striker has been subject to transfer interest from Saudi Arabia for a few years

Prince Abdulaziz said in an interview with BBC Sport: “Everything is possible, I would like to see Ronaldo play in the Saudi League.

It will benefit the league and the sports ecosystem in Saudi Arabia and will inspire youth for the future. He is a role model for many children and has a huge fan base.

Read:Rory McIlroy poised for ‘sprint finish’ in PGA Championship at Wentworth | European Tour

He first opened up to an extraordinary interview with Piers Morgan on TalkTV about a massive offer to play in Saudi Arabia, and admitted that the rumors of a €350m two-season offer were true.

Dismissing the huge day, Ronaldo said: “It’s tough, it’s tough. But in the same way, I thought I was very happy here; that I was still able to score goals.”

I still think I can score many, many goals and help the team because I still think I’m still good and capable of helping the national team – even Manchester United.

However, on Tuesday it was announced that his contract at Old Trafford had been terminated by mutual consent.

The 37-year-old is a free agent after the Man United deal was finalized by mutual consent

The 37-year-old is a free agent after the Man United deal was finalized by mutual consent

Apart from Ronaldo, Prince Abdulaziz also talked about the prospects of a financial acquisition of Manchester United or Liverpool.

Both clubs have been exploring potential sale options over the past month.

“It is the most watched league in Saudi Arabia and the region and you have a lot of fans in the English Premier League,” Prince Abdulaziz said.

Read:Casemiro lifts lid on ‘special relationship’ with ‘great’ Man Utd star

“Privately, I can’t speak for them, but there is a lot of interest and appetite and there is a lot of passion for football.

We will definitely support it if any [Saudi] The private sector comes, because we know that this will reflect positively on sports within the Kingdom.

The kingdom’s state-backed Public Investment Fund (PIF) has already made one investment. Newcastle United.

The Glazers could look to sell Manchester United in the future while they pursue outside investment

The Glazers could look to sell Manchester United in the future while they pursue outside investment

Fenway Sports Group (owner John W. Henry, second left, Tom Werner second right) said they are exploring the sale of Liverpool Football Club.

Fenway Sports Group (owner John W. Henry, second left, Tom Werner second right) announces it is ‘inviting offers’ to sell Liverpool FC in an exciting property update

His comments come in light of the Premier League club’s owners listing their club for sale this month.

At the beginning of November, Fenway Sports Group announced that it was ready to sell its controlling stake in Liverpool and took the first significant step of ending its 12-year ownership of the club.

United, on Tuesday night, confirmed the exciting news that he is effectively up for sale in a statement released at 9:30pm.

The Manchester club said it was designed to boost future growth, but added that the club would “consider all strategic alternatives, including new investment in the club, sale or other deals”.

Alongside Prince Abdulaziz, US tech giant Apple has also reportedly joined the race to buy Manchester United.

Former Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has also been approached by groups seeking to buy the club, asking him to act as an advisor to their potential purchase.

Any potential deal would almost certainly become the most expensive football club purchase in history, surpassing the £4.25 billion fee paid by a consortium led by Todd Bohle for Chelsea earlier this year.

UFC star Conor McGregor has also thrown his hat into the ring, having previously expressed interest in taking over the club.

Former Manchester United chairman Ed Woodward is in the process of advising potential buyers of the club

Former Manchester United chairman Ed Woodward is in the process of advising potential buyers of the club

Previous post
‘Superfood’ vegetable can help stave off cancer, diabetes and Alzheimer’s
Next post
The Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special Review | Movie