Health

Pupil, 6, dies from Strep A infection after outbreak at school

A six-year-old boy has died and another is being taken care of in hospital after an outbreak of invading bacteria in a primary school in Surrey.

The BBC reported that pupils at Ashford Church of England Primary School are believed to be in the same year group, and that a second child is recovering in hospital.

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) was quoted by the broadcaster as saying the children had contracted the invasive infection group A streptococcus (iGAS), also known as Strep A which causes scarlet fever.

Since then, pupils and school staff have been prescribed antibiotics.

Ruth Hutchinson, Surrey County Council’s director of public health, was quoted as saying: “We are deeply saddened by the death of a pupil at Ashford Church of England, and offer our deepest condolences to their families, friends and the entire school community, who are in our thoughts.”

Dr Claire Winslade, UK Health Protection Adviser to South East UK, reportedly said: “Information has been shared with parents about the signs and symptoms of iGAS, which include high fever with severe muscle aches, pain in one area of ​​the body and vomiting. unexplained or diarrhea.”

People experiencing the above symptoms should call 111 immediately.

Source: news.google.com

Previous post
How to Watch Ecuador vs. Netherlands in 2022 FIFA World Cup Group A Match to day
Next post
Michael Beale parks Rangers manager clamour as QPR boss ‘pride’ leaves lasting impression at speaking event