United-Kingdom

Appeal as man remains in ‘serious condition’ five months after being ‘attacked from behind’

A man remains in a “serious condition” five months after he was attacked in Manchester. Police were called to a report of an altercation in the Stephenson Square area in the early hours of Sunday, June 19.

Investigations so far have proven that during the quarrel between two groups, the victim was punched from behind and fell to the ground where he lost consciousness.

Read:BREAK: A murder investigation has begun after a 42-year-old man was found dead on the property

Five months after the attack, the 20-year-old victim is still in a serious condition and suffering life-changing injuries. The incident is said to have caused “great upset” to his family, who are now seeking “closure”.

Read more Police have arrested three teenagers who were investigating the murder of Kyle Hackland in south Manchester

Police have released new CCTV footage of a man they want to speak to as part of their ongoing investigation. Witnesses and anyone with any information are urged to come forward.



Police previously released this photo of a man as part of their appeal, and have released it again

Detective Constable Philip Sargent said: “The victims’ injuries are serious – we wish him a speedy recovery and our thoughts are with his loved ones. This incident has caused great distress to his family who are seeking closure.”

Read:Ancient yew in Surrey ruins crowned UK tree of the year | Trees and forests

“We hope someone can help us identify the man in the photos, who we believe has important information that can help us understand what happened that morning.”

Anyone with information should contact 0161 856 6049 or gmp.police.uk quoting: 358 19/06/22 or alternatively Crimestoppers on 0161 555 111.

Read more of the day’s top stories here

read the following:

Read:Man who strangled woman he met at work a ‘cunning and resourceful murderer’, court told | UK News
Previous post
Pelican crossing controls in Tonbridge are being stolen and ‘sold on eBay as doorbells’
Next post
World Cup 2022: Sepp Blatter says Qatar’s human rights record was not discussed during its World Cup bid to day