A12 traffic: Dashcam footage shows police car chase near Colchester as BMW drives wrong way down A12

A man has been jailed for two years and banned from driving for four, after leading police in a dangerous high-speed chase and driving onto the A12 in the wrong direction in Colchester. Disqualified driver Gregory Taylor, of Willow Walk, Tiptree, was spotted by police leaving Stane Retail Park in Stanway at 6.40pm on Sunday, 14 August, in a BMW X5.

Officers from the road police unit tried to stop him, but Taylor crashed the police car and another vehicle on the A12 Spring Lane roundabout. He then drove the wrong way up to the southern exit of the A12 and continued onto the A12 on the southbound road for three miles against oncoming traffic.

Read:Anger as a man is hired as Scotland’s first ‘period dignity officer’ | News

Read more: Clacton flat fire leaves young family homeless and dogs dead after utility closet fire

Eventually, he crashed into roadside bushes at the Marks Tey exit, jumped out of the car with his two passengers and ran away. After an investigation, Taylor was identified as the driver from the accident, as well as the same driver of two other cars who failed to stop twice for officers in Tiptree in July this year.

It turned out that he committed more traffic offenses on September 3rd in Tiptree when he drove a BMW 1, exceeding 80mph, then two days later he was also caught on CCTV leaving a car in Oak Road, Tiptree. The car was seized without insurance. Taylor was arrested on September 7 and charged with 17 counts of knocking.

Read:Cost of living news: Martin Lewis warns ‘lives are at risk’ in energy bills crisis

Gregory Taylor, of Willow Walk, Tiptree, was sentenced to two years’ imprisonment

These charges were related to five vehicles involved in separate incidents between July and September, including one count of dangerous driving and four counts of incompetent driving, failure to stop and report a collision. When interviewed, Taylor admitted that his driving was below required standards and that he was driving dangerously. He told police that he had no car insurance and no license because he had been disqualified earlier.

He appeared at Ipswich Crown Court on Thursday 10 November and was sentenced to two years’ imprisonment after confessing to the offenses at an earlier hearing. He was also banned from driving for four years.

Sergeant Paul Gosling, who led the investigation, said: “Despite knowing he was unfit to drive, Gregory Taylor had shown complete disregard for the safety of all other road users on five occasions. Each time he got behind the wheel, he ignored a previous court decision denying him the driver.

Read:“It was a miracle no-one was killed” – Local people in shock after police car crashes into shop

“He exceeded speed limits, drove dangerously and ultimately put other road users at risk of injury through the decisions he made. And it was through the vigilance of other road users taking avoidance action on the A12, coupled with sheer luck, that there was no serious problem. Collisions”.

read the following:

Previous post
Much of Ukraine still without power, heat and water after missile attacks | Ukraine
Next post
How to Watch the Arizona Coyotes vs. Detroit Red Wings – NHL (11/25/22) | Channel, Stream, Preview to day